The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Friday, February 19, 2010

A story just waitiing to be told!

Oh how I do love a good story!! Sometimes a story is just too good to keep to myself, even when my good sense dictates "don't tell anyone". When I was little I would tell stories to my dolls, mainly because no one else wanted to listen. It was then when I realized that any event that happens in my life is a story just waiting to be told.
     My husband would tolerate my stories...he would listen for maybe two or three minutes and then his favorite phrase was "short version". He just didn't realize that to a story teller there just isn't a "short version".  Last night was one of those nights,  "a story just waiting to be told".
     It started out just fine with us four ladies traveling with our little  rented car to the street fair in downtown Palm Springs. We decided to leave a couple hours early so we could visit some of the local shops and then eat dinner before the fair sets up. Parked the car in a perfectly good spot..left our sweaters in the car, read the big blue sign that said two hour parking only till 6:00 PM.  No problem , we'd check around 5:30 and move it if we had to. OK at this point you are probably thinking we got a ticket...nope...no ticket for us. Had a leisurely walk looking for a good restaurant that had great salads. After dinner we decided to go to the car and get our sweaters and the car was gone. It was stolden!! We stood on the very same ground where our car had been parked and turned in circles looking...very confused.  Is this the right street? Why would someone want to steal a "rent a junker" ? What now? Then we noticed the big red sign posted on the pole just below the blue one...cars towed after 5:30 PM.  Wow-ser ...our car has been towed . @#$#. Now what do we do? Just then a police cruiser pulled up and sat there. I was positive God saw our diemma and sent them to help us. OK maybe not since they were the ones that called the tow truck to take our vehicle. They informed us that our vehicle was taken to a lot about one mile away. Thank you God for sending these ncie police officers to take care of us four senior citizens lady's in our distress. OK maybe not since they didn't even offer to drive us there and said we'd better hurry because soon they will be taking it to their downtown lot. That is the quickest mile I think I've ever done. Just in time..the car is still there and so is the tow truck. I paid the tow fee $77.00  and we were out of there and heading back to the street fair. I did ask the tow truck driver if that $77.00 covered the rest of the night....you know like double ideminity...they can't tow us twice for the same offence.
     Lesson learned....read all signs. Red ones and blue ones. Don't automatically assume that police officers are there to help you...but in their defence they did give us directions to the lot.  Where was God in all of this you ask?
      We are fearfully and wonderfully made. Psalm 139:14. God knows every aspect of our bodies and   and he gave us free will.  We come to forks in the road as we travel throough life and have choices to make when we come to these forks. If we fail to use the wonderful mind that God gave us sometimes we suffer for the bad choices we make. King David did not live a perfect life, did not always choose the good path, let alone the best path God had offered him. Yet in spite of the bad choices he made "God still blessed him".

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of the time before I met my sweetheart that I was doing 'company' business, rushed into a spot beside the building, ran inside to deliver my papers, went back out to find that my car was gone. It had been towed within minutes after I went into the building. I hadn't been gone more than 15 minutes and I had parked in a spot that 'belonged' to the adjacent restaurant. Apparently the old fellow who owned the restaurant had nothing to do as he was standing in the window and saw me park and run into my office building. After that none of us from the office ever ate in his building again! Revenge? ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog from Adrienne's blog! It is so nice to meet you!

    I am a story teller too :-). You do tell a good one.
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shirley, oh Shirley, oh Shirley -- never a dull day with you! Thats what I love about you!
    carol

    ReplyDelete