The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I accidentally bought another jacket!!

What is it when you shop that you can't resist?  OK come on women ...admit it. I know there are some things you just can't resist. I have a very frugal/thrifty/green friend who admits to washing and reusing plastic bags and she also saves plastic grocery bags, cuts in strips and proceeds to crochet a purse. What a woman!! But my very frugal friend also did admit just recently to being a shopaholic at times. She counted her socks at moving time and admittted to 54 pairs of socks. For someone who most of the tiime goes barefoot I would say she has a sock fettish.

Another good friend of mine accused me of being a jacket  junkie. So yesterday I set out to disprove her theory and decide to count my jackets. So now my question is... do sweat shirts count as a jacket? I Googled...what is a sweat shirt? Google's description of a sweat shirt is a garmet intended to cover the torso and arms. A jacket is clothing for the upper body. Since they both are intended to cover the upper body I probably should count them all together. My favorite color used to be black...so I have 4 black jackets. (my sister-in-law says black is not a color) I also love white (she also says white is not a color)
I have 3 white jackets. The new color this season is that lime green that I have went crazy for...3 lime green jackets. Navy is another color that goes with anything...2 navy's. Last year my favorite color yellow....I really, really, really like yellow. ..5 yellow. Everyone woman needs at least one red jacket to wear during the Christmas season...I only have 2 red ones. Pink...only 1.  Then I have 6 jacket/sweatshirts of different colors not mentioned here. So now I am re-thinking everything as I realize I probably am a jacket junkie...since I counted twenty-six...oh now I'm wondering if I should have included my coats. Probably not!!

I had a good laugh at my friend who collect's socks but likes to go bare-footed...and here I am with numerous jackets...and I am constantly hot these days. Go figure!!

2 comments:

  1. So good to see you Shirl -- but as you know -- I know you best by Shirley. I am so glad that our paths recrossed on Thursday. It was great seeing everyone. You have a vibrant and beautiful aura about you and It was so good to sit next to you. Have a great day!!! Love Rose Paugh Home in Georgia at last!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm.... I dare not say or count... :-) Swimsuits. Shoes. Coats. Tank tops... :-)

    ReplyDelete