The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

MOVING FORWARD...

                                                                   A New Beginning!!


I started this blog January 1, 2010. At the time I was following a suggestion from my grief counselor to...find an outlet. My husband had passed away the previous year and during his long illness writing was my therapy to myself. But for some reason that first year after he passed away my writing/therapy stopped. So with my counselor's assignment in mind,  "The Early Morning Poet" was born.

But now I feel that God is calling me to  to move forward with my writing and my next phase of "life's Journey".
A year ago I completed a very intensive training course at OHSU on "living with Parkinson's". My counselor told me,  "Don't hog your journey....it's not just for you" . 

So stay tuned for a new direction my writing will be taking. Not sure what exactly..but I will be sharing with my blog friends and family because...we all see giants in the journey where God is leading us, and we all have a journey. 

I had dinner with a very smart insightful friend last night..we were busting the gloomies and packing our bags and moving to a better state of mind. She gave me some excellent advice. Thanks Friend!!
Basically our two hour after dinner conversation boiled down to these words, "Love God...Love yourself...and let go of all your pride."  Yep it's that easy!!  Because after all.....

I don't want to hog my Journey...it's not just for me!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you, my friend! Looking forward to following the journey with you - it will be exciting to see how God leads you and where He takes you!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't hog your journey! You have me thinking this morning. I enjoyed this post and look forward to your next writing.

    ReplyDelete