The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Friday, January 29, 2010

A golf tournament to remember!!

After one day of golf lessons…no after 1 hour of golf lessons we decided to sign up for a golf tournament. In all honesty I guess I should say I decided to sign up for a golf tournament and encouraged my family members…once friends…to sign up with me. I guess I am also using the word encouraged very loosely.

But I do need a little credit here because it was advertised by word and by mouth that this is a “golf fun day”!! Our one hour golf instructor also told us, “go and have a good time”. So with much enthusiasm on my part and lots of second thoughts by my team members we signed up for a “fun day of golf”. We did have fun even though one lady on the team behind us kept a constant stream of obscenities flowing our way. OK maybe not obscenities but very rude behavior for someone that is supposed to be having a "fun day of golf”. We were too slow…we were holding people up…we needed to hurry along!! We lost a total of 10 balls in the water….that was fun…hit the roof or sides of 3 different houses….that was fun…stepped in lots of duck poop…but that was while trying to retrieve our numerous balls from the water. We finished in 1 ½ hours and they said have fun you have 2 hours to finish…so we did good…especially considering we spent at least half of that time looking for the next T.

Then the big grand finale the dinner and the award ceremony. On the way there Irene exclaimed, “Oh no I forgot my camera”. I said bummer, “now who’s going to take our picture when they give us the winning trophy”? Our score was 74…don’t ask me what that means because our 1 hour golf lesson did not include scoring. Then they announced the lowest and the highest score. Forty something for low and 62 for high. What happened to our 74? We were afraid to ask but it was suggested they probably threw our score card away….you really can’t say that kind of score out loud I guess.

So all in all I can honestly say I had a fun day of golf….but I can’t answer for the others.

1 comment:

  1. I am laughing SO hard - I would love to been a little birdie in the tree, watching you and your team! ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete