The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Friday, January 29, 2010

Sailing on a Promise












Sometimes I feel I would love to just sail away
Off into the sunset and a brand new day.

A day with no worries and lots of play
Just sail and sail the ocean all day.

Is this sail boat worthy, can it stand the test?
Can it sail forever and ever and never rest?

Is the captain knowledgeable can he keep me safe?
Or is he like captain Ron...a real disgrace?

But it is a promise and this I hold dear
that he will do all in his power to make sure I'm secure.

Then in my dream it is all so clear
the captain is you and I release all my fear.

It's just a hint of a promise but so romantic it seems
To sail on a promise has been one of my dreams.

Unsheltered with billowing sails
just floating along as if on whispering veils.

A promise is to keep...so just hold on tight.
but sometimes they are illusive as the moon shadows at night.

In my dreams I wonder is it real or will it fail?
Is is truly just a dream? Will I really sail?

Because my dreams are a vast as the sea
maybe this dream I should just let it be!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I want to sail, too! This is so good - you are a talented lady. ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete