The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Thursday, January 21, 2010

I could still hold your hand


At this time last year you were still with me, but now a brand new year, a brand new start. It's 2010 and slowly, ever so slowly...the sun has moved across the sky and the clouds are slowly disappearing.

Back then I could hold your hand and you were there with me always.
Now it's today, a new year and I realize you are still with me..always!

I felt sad because I could no longer hold your hand.

but then like magic you appear as we dance to our song...You are holding me once again, you've been gone so long.

Majestic, gentle outstretched arms hold me as we dance in my dreams.

The arms that are holding me are strong as we glide so light...But wait...are these your arms that lift me in flight?

My eyes are downcast as we glide across the floor...I am amazed at the lightness with which we soar.

I am so relaxed in your arms and just enjoyiing the dance...You guide me so gently as you put me in your trance.

But as I gaze up and sweetly look into your face.....

I realize it's you LORD...

In the just born morning you've come with your embrace.

You remind me when your eyes meet mine...How very much you love him, and now he is thine.

It's you Lord that gives me comfort so dear...it's you Lord that has filled me with grace.

It's you Lord that holds me so tight.

It's you Lord dancing with me with a glowing face.

It's you Lord that reminds me so gently

Not now..not today...maybe not tomorrow..but soon I promise.

The hole in your heart is getting smaller and the clouds disappear with the rain,

and soon you will remember him with sunshine...and not with pain!!







2 comments:

  1. Oh, Shirley, dear friend -
    I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes at the beauty of what you wrote. This is an incredible piece. Yes, the Lord is holding you close and dancing with you. Reuben would be SO proud of you - and I know he was! Thank you for sharing from your heart to mine. Again!!!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirley, I just came from Adrienne's blog and had to see what you write. The poem is just beautiful, it brought tears to my eyes as well. I am adding you to my list, so that I can come back and see what you have written often! Have a great week and keep writing!
    xoxo
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete