The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE


HERE IS MOM ON HER 85th BIRTHDAY




THREE GENERATIONS BORN ON FEBRUARY 19th
A picture of Mom on February 19th on her 85th birthday...me born on February 19th (with 5 of my 8 grand kids)...Son Darin also born on February 19th.(with wife Deb)
My mother the original sunshine lady, would always wake me in the mornings with the song, "good morning sunshine". Mom passed away last year and I miss her immensely. She always had a song in her heart. Her last month of life she couldn't talk but it seemed she could still hum whatever hymn was going through her head that day. I was born on my mother's birthday on February 19th and twenty-four years later my son was also born on that day. At the time there was even a write-up in the local paper..."three generations born on February 19th".

Next week Mom would be "86" years old....my birthday will never be the same with out her.




















1 comment:

  1. She was a sweetie! I remember how she sang with me during the chapel time I led at Hope Village. How special to have three birthdays on the same day! You have such precious memories to hold close to your heart.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete