The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Monday, March 1, 2010

MOVING ALONG IN MY LIFE....I THINK!!


Here it is March 1st  and I am procrastinating...again. When in fact I should be getting tax stuff rounded up, going through all my piled up mail that accumulated while gone for two months, or collecting all the dust bunnies running around my house....instead I am on my computer looking at and organizing all my flower pictures. I have discovered in the past year, since my husband passed away, I am not only a slob...I am also a procrastinator. But I have heard that perfectionists are usually procrastinators. So I'm a perfectionist??? Even though I have time to get tax information together today...I can't. I can't do it because it's only March and taxes aren't due until April 15th and somewhere along the line I decided that there's no sense in starting till April 1st. All too soon it's April and as always I have numerous other things I need to get done. So then comes Reuben's job...remind me daily..numerous times..until I decide on my own, I might add, that I really can't procrastinate any longer. You see how nothings happens until everthing lines up perfectly...and that my friend is why nothing ever happens.
But it stops today..I am through with procrastination. I have decided I need to start moving along in my life and make a few decisions on my own. So today without any encouragement from anyone...is the day I start getting tax papers together. As soon as all my flowers are organized.... and then lunch with a friend..and then taxes. Well maybe I'll start tomorrow for sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment