The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Friday, April 2, 2010

If you are lucky enough to have a garden.........you are lucky enough!!

I recently have been coresponding with a second cousin that I didn't know existed. She lives in New Zealand and her grandpa and my grandpa were brothers. So this morning I was on a quest...looking for an old photograph I had promised a friend and at the same time looking for a copy of the family record book I had put together back in 1983. Wow...good thing the date was printed on the back cover because I had told my cousin that I thought I had done it about 15 years ago. OOPS...more like 27 years ago. But in my search for these items I got lost in a sea of old photographs and old memories. Pictures of my Grandma and Grandpa...pictures of my Mom...pictures of my husband (all in heaven now) and lots and lots of pictures of flowers.

The love of flowers and plants and digging in the dirt is the hertitage passed from my Grandpa....to Mom....to me...and then to my daughter. Take a look at my nails this time of the year and you can eaasily tell that yes I have the digging in the dirt gene.  I'll have to remember to ask my new cousin if she also inherited this gene.
Mom was a lover of cut flowers..if she saw a flower growing she just had to pick it and make an arrangement. She owned and operated a florist shop most of her "retirement" years. She was self taught and in her element when fussing with her flowers.

Now I love cut flowers also but my favorite place to view flowers is in the dirt.....right where God planted them. With my help of course!!

My secret garden!!








3 comments:

  1. Can I see your secret garden? Or is it really top secret?
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a top secret garden and before I could show you I would need to see your government clearance status...your voting card...your Goodwill card...and of course your trowel!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I am glad I got to see it without all those requirements!! Was it because I came 2000 miles to see it??

    ReplyDelete