The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Friday, April 9, 2010

SEASONAL LUST!!

This morning I woke up and as usual the first thing I do each and every morning is look out the window. If it's not dark...which it usually is...I look up at the sky. What I'm looking for is that bright orange...or yellow....or golden...globe that sits in the sky.It's hard to remember the exact color of it.  But this morning as usual when I peeked through the blinds...and I saw gray...again, I learned something new about myself....I hate gray!! 

Not only do I hate gray but I also realized something else about myself on this bleak...gray...cloudy...sunless day...I have a disease. Maybe it's not really a disease. I think it's more an addiction or maybe a flaw in my genetic makeup. I have seasonal lust!! The bible tells me that lust is a sin so "welcome to this sinners blog". But it is really a sin to lust after something beautiful that God made especially for me to enjoy?? OOPS...I guess God made everything.

Here I am last fall enjoying one last ride before the sun is gone again. 
                                                         Island memories...oh how they linger!!
The sun is somewhere....I remember it clearly!!


No comments:

Post a Comment