The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Lets talk apples...Infidelity...and other related subjects!!

A friend told me that recently they read that over 75% of married couples have an affair at some point in their marriage. Unbelievable!! So being the super curious person that I am I decided to inquire of someone more knowledgeable then myself....Google is one of the smartest men I know. What I found astonished me. I read that 80% of the multi-millionaires have extra-maritial affairs but they have decided to conserve during this recession and have cut back on lovers gifts. Good for them for doing their part in this down economy.

I also read that 53% of marriages end in divorce...since I beat the odds and was married for 45 years ....is it any wonder I never want to re-marry.
But I also read that only 3% of marriages arranged by their parents ends in divorce...so I guess I need to re-phrase that previous statement....if my parents want to arrange my marriage...I'll do it!!!

So trying really hard to find something Google had to say to brighten my day...make me laugh...or at least smile, I decided to inquire again of the all knowing Google man, and maybe another site would have more cheerful facts.

 Alas..he brought me apples. YES apples!!! For some unknown reason I was on a web page about apples, and that brought back beautiful memories of the snow apples I ate last winter while in Southern California. Beautiful deep crimson color...snow white flesh....tender, aromatic...sweet and tart at the same time. Oh if you've never had a snow apple..be sure and look for them this fall.

Thank you God for turning my attention from such dour statistics to such a great memory of those sweet tasty apples.

1 comment:

  1. MMmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... Snow Fujis. I love them!! Can't wait for them! -Vonda

    ReplyDelete