The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Monday, September 13, 2010

The pirate bride!!

This weekend my sister and I were invited on the sailboat of long time family friends to attend a pig roast on an island in the Columbia river. It was a three day event and about thirty sailboats were docked on the island for the festivities. The pig roast was attended by 50 or so people dressed as pirates....acting like pirates....and I think at times they actually thought they were pirates.  Saturday evening they had a pirate wedding performed by a young man dressed as a pirate with his newly acquired internet license stating he was legal to perform marriages.  I had a fun weekend with some old friends and some new friends.

But I arrived home with a sad heart. Sad for a number of reasons. Sad because I had been reminiscing off and on most of the day yesterday. It was the anniversary of Reuben's and my marriage 47 years earlier...and  sad because I received some very depressing news of a dear friend who's long time marriage is ending....and sad because two people dress up like pirates and are married by a reverand toting a internet license to marry...a toy gun...a plastic cannon...a patch over one eye....and a belly full of rum. I was sad because the wedding of these two people was a joke....legal as all get-out...but treated as a joke. 

So this morning I am praying for my very close friend and her broken heart. I am praying for her peace as she talks to her attorney today...and I am praying for the new couple that started their marriage as a joke.

Please God hear my prayers and see my tears!!

No comments:

Post a Comment