The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Thursday, January 20, 2011

JIMINY CRICKETTS!!

Jiminy Crickett was a comical and wise little character who accompied Pinocchio on his many adventures.
Well I think this comical and wise little fictous crickett is alive and mating in my closet. Cricketts!!

We all remember warm summer evenings as little kids the pleasant sound of cricketts chirping away. They are field crickettts. Now I bet you didn't know there are also house cricketts...yes house cricketts....and they all reside in my little rented house in Desert Hot Springs. Also house cricketts don't have much of anything to do while living in  a house except make that "pleasant crickett chirp" and make more cricketts. Each adult female lays hundreds of eggs and those eggs my friend hatch into hundreds of baby cricketts...and those baby's grow up to "make that pleasant crickett chirp" and of course make more cricketts. Are you getting the picture??

Just in case your not getting the picture...                   
here they are....crickett's that make that "pleasant chirping sound".

Not only are they noisy but they are bugs...ugly bugs that hop just about the time I get my courage up to smash it into a brown gooey mess on my kitchen floor.

Yes I admit it....I hate spiders....bugs....bees...fly's.
My girlfriend was visiting me last week and she was my crickett killer and my daughter will be here in two weeks to visit....and she can be the crickett killer. But until then I'm totally alone...well almost alone...I have the company of hudnreds of cricketts "making that pleasant chirping sound".


1 comment:

  1. OMG call the exterminator!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad it's you and not me, yuck, yuck, yuck!!! All I can say is good luck and lets hope your sister is a great killer!

    ReplyDelete