The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Sunday, January 30, 2011

MY DIET QUEST!

I'm on a quest or mission to find a diet that actually works. I've tried high carb, low carb, count points, diet for my blood type, low food and no food .... and my observation is dieting is not a piece of cake. At the present time I am in Southern California enjoying the beautiful sun...the hot mineral water....and the FOOD!! My two favorite places to visit...and I'm thinking technically I may qualify as a squatter... is the date farm and their famous date shakes.... and my all time fav is the DOUBLE DOUBLE from the In-and-Out. So this week I'm back on WW and counting points. Well I really must be truthful about this and say, "I'm attempting to count points".  Some days I have to just give up and say, "thank God tomorrow is another day and I haven't eaten a thing in that day yet.


So in my quest to find the EASY diet I did a little surfing and read a few blog's on dieting and I found this.
  A diet where I don't have to do anything....the tape worm does it all.
PTL my quest is over I found the perfect diet....NOT. I wonder if this was a real add in a magazine or a joke.

So in my quest the only conclusion I came to is I have to eat less food. Eat less food?? So I guess that means giving up mashed potatoes and gravy. Mashed potatoes and gravy make me think of my Mom...they bring me comfort. Her theory was, "if something comes with gravy then use it". Make a volcano out of your mashed potatoes. Fill it with gravy. Eat the volcano. Repeat. And always...always...make your mashed potatoes with cream or if your dieting then it's OK to use half and half. 

2 comments:

  1. Love your humor on a subject that's a tough one! You can eat it all if you keep moving. Fast! And never stop to sleep or read or talk. Or anything else! Someone told me what you eat while standing up doesn't have any calories. And it doesn't count!
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diet! My quest for weight loss went out the door with the girls gathering today. As you know there is never a shortage of great food. We missed you today and hope you are home for the next. But let me clue you don't even try to eat light that day!!

    ReplyDelete