The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Talking to God...pondering things!!

My prayer for today God....I don't want to do nice things for people any more.... I don't want to do nice things for people just to be "nice" ...or so that I will be nice and others will think I'm nice. Help me to be nice...for absolutely no reason. What a concept!!


Because....it is better to wear out doing nice than to rust out doing little or nothing.


God always gives His best to those who let Him choose....God help me..let you.


No matter how many goals I have or have achieved ...God help me to remember to set my sights on the highest one.


Help me to remember that I am not a human being on a spiritual journey...but instead I am a spiritual being on a human journey.


If my desire to write is not accomplished by actual writing...than my desire is not to write. If my desire is to please God and then I do unpleasing things...than my desire is not to please Him.

A single sunbeam can drive away all shadows...God you are my sunbeam.

Thank you God for all the lessons I have learned in the past two years.
You have walked with me and guided me through some tough times. Thank you for teaching me that happiness is a choice...and I choose happiness. You have taught me not to dwell on sad things because I relinquish to them a power they were never meant to have and I don't want to give that kind of power to things I have no control over.

Thank you for putting a friend in my path that helped me to choose happiness.
Today God just let me rest in you!!

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Right on, my friend! Oh, how I wish I could sit down and have nice, long chat with you.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete