The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

10 days later...

Today is the tenth day aboard sail boat "Promise" and I am thoroughly enjoying the beauty and splendor of these islands. We have been "hanging on the hook" in Dungeness Bay for the past 24 hours. My favorite and most beautiful spot so far. It's a  National Wildlife Refuge with the world's longest natural sand spit that softens the rough sea waves and forms a quite bay and harbor. I got up this morning at 5:00 AM to hopefully get a few good sunrise pictures.







But along with the good a few.... minor mishaps...have occurred. But to be fair to the Captain I guess I really should admit that leaving a propane burner on...without flame...is a tad bit more than minor. He then proceeded to give me a lesson regarding boats...propane...and fire. I still say I didn't do it...but since there's only the two of us on board, he choose me. But in all fairness to me I do have a very good excuse for all the minor mishaps that have been occurring these past 10 days. I have told him several times that this boat is haunted. Ghosts that push buttons that shouldn't be pushed... move my things about so they are constantly in the Captains way...remove batteries from his air mattress/bed. Yes it's true. When he went to put more air in his bed the pump wouldn't work and inspection revealed there were only three batteries. When he had aired it up 3 weeks previously he had installed the four needed batteries. Ghosts I say!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you are enjoying your trip, even with a few "minor" mishaps. The sunrise pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete