The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Saturday, June 18, 2011

New weight loss plan

Saturday June 17, 2011 ...Two Miles off the island of San Juan just hanging on the hook...that's sailboat talk for anchored. Yesterday we moored for the afternoon in Friday Harbor, the largest city in the islands. It's an enchanting little town with a mix of old and new establishments.

Kneeling required to get in refrigerator
The Captain told me that boat life  is hard...not like my previous traveling adventures in a 36 foot, self contained motor home. In fact he guaranteed me I would loose ten pounds over the next two months. I was a bit skeptic...but after almost a week aboard I now realize why he sounded so confident when he said it


stairs up to door..door height approx 3 ft


After being aboard the Promise almost a week I really wonder if I can make it two months. I'm really not a wimp or anything but after 5 full days aboard I'm absolutely sure I will be loosing a pound a day and I'm wondering this morning how can a 90 pound weakling be of any assistance what-so-ever.
This is the shower...The opening to the shower hits me mid-thigh.
I'm not short but I  have very short legs for my height..can be a little ticklish....just sayin!!
My herbs that I started from seeds at home are doing amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment