The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Through the porthole!!

Tuesday June 14, 2011  Port Angles, Washington

Boarded sailboat "promise" about 10:00 PM Sunday evening.
             "Looking through the porthole"







After hearing about the "adventure" (if that's what it's called) the guys had on their 36 hour ocean voyage I am extremely glad Warren talked me out of going on that part of the trip...and I realized what I learn in the next two months will determine if I will be a help or a hindrance on the return voyage.


Took Ed and Carol sailing yesterday. Ed was the Captain's helper on the ocean trip and I drove up with his girlfriend Carol on Sunday. It was shirt sleeve weather for the first couple of hours and then a storm blew in.


Lesson #1 steering the boat










            Note the blue sky






A girlfriend of mine is arriving tomorrow to spend a week with me on the boat. After she gets here we are sailing for the island of San Juan...about a 7 hour sail depending on the wind.

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you that you "finally" have set sail. It looks beautiful and you look like a pro at the wheel. Keep the pictures coming so I can pretend that I am on the journey with you! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time, my friend! I wish I was going with you! One of the dreams on my Bucket List is to sail the San Juans. I can't wait to hear all about it. I'll be checking in often to read more about your adventures.
    ~Adrienne~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you are finally sailing! You look like a pro at the wheel. Take a lot of pictures and post so I can fell like I am on this fabulous journey with you. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete