The Early Morning Poet

The Early Morning Poet
Sailboat....Promise

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

PARKINSON'S AND OTHER STUFF THAT ANNOY ME.

I received an invite last week to the 6th annual Shakers Ball that's being held at McMenamins in NE Portland. I had to belly laugh when I received the invitation to..."The Shaker's Ball" . Don't get me wrong, I'm all for fund raising events and Parkinson's is dear to my heart since I am a 3rd generation shaker. You've heard the saying she's a mover and a shaker...yep...that's me. But is this name appropriate for an amazing event that raises thousands of dollars each year for Parkinson's research? At first I was a tad bit offended but after a few moments of thinking about it I realized I wasn't really annoyed at the name of the ball...I was just annoyed....period.   I'm still trying to put a handle on it. Yes I have Parkinson's...yes I am a "shaker"...so what's the problem? After considerable thought I came to the conclusion I am just annoyed with the disease itself.
Parkinson's annoys me!!!

Cancer annoys me. I had lunch with four high school friends last week. We have kept in touch off and on over the past forty some odd years since our high school daze. Out of the five of us...Pauline is a breast cancer survivor and Sue just started aggressive treatment for her breast cancer. Five of us and two breast cancer survivor's (yes I am counting Sue as a survivor). Not good odds (2 out of 5)
Cancer annoys me!!

Getting old annoys me. Actually it's not the getting older that I'm annoyed with it's everything associated with the aging process. Why can't we just get wrinkles and die? Actually I'd like to do away with the wrinkles also and high blood pressure...high cholesterol....low thyroid...high blood sugar....high thyroid...bad heart...and all the other diseases that seem to be plentiful in the retirement communities.
Getting old annoys me!!

Rain annoys me. It rained all night long..every time I woke up it was pouring.  As I sit here in my office writing this I glance out the window and there's a beautiful rainbow. The rainbow is telling me this morning that God is still there for me...whether you are going through physical problems..financial problems or problems of any nature....God is always there!!


1 comment:

  1. Praise God, He is still here & in charge!! Is the picture one you took or did you get it off the internet??? A beautiful one!!

    ReplyDelete